Sunday 20 December 2009

Advice For My 18 Year Old Brother

My brother Kirk recently turned 18. Seeing as I am 4 and half years his senior, I decided to save him the time of learning certain 'life lessons' for himself, by spelling them out in an easy-to-read format.

He ended the weekend with his head down the toilet, after c
onsuming most of the bottle of Tequila his dear old bruva had brought back from Mexico. There are certain lessons that must be learnt through experience.

While writing these pearls of wisdom on a busy train to London, I felt a tap on the shoulder. To my astonishment, the lady to my right handed me a tor
n-out page from her notebook. On it she had written 5 suggestions for additional advise. A smile passed between us and she went back to looking out the window. Not one word was exchanged. I live for those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment